PetroKazakhstan Kumkol Resources, being the socially responsible company, actively participates in the development of the Oblast’s social sphere, charity and sponsor events. Main criteria for the work in this area is a targeted social assistance, whereas special attention is paid to the long-term programs, help to the unprivileged population, children, war and labor veterans, handicapped people, health protection system, culture and arts institutions.
Since 1997, jointly with the Sports and Tourism Department, the management of the Company arranges the basketball and football tournaments among the Oblast school children for the PetroKazakhstan cups and prizes. It’s pleasant to observe that the tournaments acquired popularity and moved beyond the area of the Oblast. In recent years children from Turkestan and Russia (Baikonur) show the good chance for winning. More than10 years the Company sponsors the chess tournament among the Oblast school children, special olympics among the disabled children, where participate from 60 to 80 children.
Traditional Projects in Kyzylorda Oblast:
• Support to the Orphanage. Annually, on the New Year and Nauriz holidays and on Child Protection Day the visits are paid to the orphanage with presenting the gifts. In 2010 the minivan was presented to the orphanage.
• Support to secondary School No. 2 “Murager” (with enhanced English language classes). Annually the Company allocates 10 thousand USD.
• Food parcels for 250 Oblast residents – these are underprivileged families, handicapped people, non-governmental organizations. The food parcels contain the most vital products for each family– flour, rice, sugar, tea, butter, pasta. The event is arranged twice a year – on the New Year and Nauryz. Since 2010 the Company allocates additional assets on 85 food parcels for war veterans and disabled employees of the Company.
• The New Year and Nauryz children matinees for 300 children from underprivileged families and orphans. The Company organizes festive performance and presents.
• Celebrating the Child Protection Day on 1st of June. The Company fully sponsors the festival, prepares 7000 ice-cream portions and prizes for all children’s competitions, organized by the City Department of Education.
• “The Road to School” campaign: 250 school sets for the children from underprivileged and large families in Oblast.
• Support of the Veterans. Annual subscription for republican and local newspapers. Purchase of vouchers for the Kazakhstani health resorts.
• Caravan of Joy Campaign. The charity campaign Caravan of Joy was launched from 2011 by PetroKazakhstan Kumkol Resources company to provide gifts (skateboards, photo albums, watches, toys, etc.) to more than 1,500 children-volunteers who take part in various sport contests and cultural entertainments during five seasons at eight children recreation camps in Kyzylorda city and districts.