PetroKazakhstan’s objective is to become a recognized leader in the Kazakhstani oil and gas industry. PetroKazakhstan strives to be a model corporate citizen, provide value for our shareholders and the Republic of Kazakhstan, ensure employees’ health and safety, as well as environmental safety for the nature. We intend to fully unlock our growth potential using our shareholders’ advantages in technology, management, expertise and innovation by constantly increasing the performance of company management and its operations, promoting leadership qualities, developing employee qualifications.
PetroKazakhstan corporate strategy in the next few years is built on increasing and maintaining oil production levels, discovering new hydrocarbon reserves and replacing production with incremental reserves, increasing production of light oil products by improving the refining quality, increasing cash flow and net asset value, and also ensuring the high levels of production safety.
In its business management PetroKazakhstan strives to harmonize relations between all the stakeholders: the government, company shareholders, its employees, contractors, business partners and local communities.
Success of the Company is underpinned by the combination of international business standards, regulations and procedures valid in Kazakhstan, and local features, as well as the technology and innovations of its shareholder companies, CNPC and KMG.
PetroKazakhstan Stick to the following principles:
• “Employee Oriented”
• “Safety First”
• “Environmental Protection as First Class Priority”;
These principles are fulfilled through the integration of Health, Safety, Security and Environmental Protection into our day to day activity, conduct our business and operations in an economically, socially, and environmentally responsible way, and commit to sustainable development.
PetroKazakhstan undertakes the following commitments in all our activities:
• Complying with applicable government and regional laws and regulations, PetroKazakhstan policies and standards.
• Complying with generally accepted practices in the petroleum industry.
• Preventing pollution and controlling the environmental impacts of all our activities.
• Identifying, eliminating or controlling potential risks to the health and safety of our employees, contractors and the community.
• Continually improving our health, safety and environmental performance.
This Policy applies to all PetroKazakhstan work activities. Each of our employees and our contractors has responsibility to work in accordance with these commitments.