PetroKazakhstan’s aim is to become a recognized leader in the Kazakhstan oil and gas sector. We want to be a model corporate citizen, provide value for our shareholders and the Republic of Kazakhstan, ensure employees’ health and safety, as well as ecological safety for the environment. By constantly increasing the performance of company management and its operations, promoting leadership qualities, developing employee qualifications, we intend to fully realize growth potential using our shareholders’ advantages in technology, management, corporate culture and teamwork.
PetroKazakhstan corporate strategy in the next few years is built on increasing and maintaining oil production levels, creating new hydrocarbon reserves and replacing production with additional reserves, increasing production of light oil products by raising the depth of refining, increasing cash flow and net asset value, and also ensuring the high levels of production safety.
In its business management PetroKazakhstan strives to harmonize relations between all interested parties: the government, company shareholders, its employees, contractors, business partners and the local community.
Success of the Company is underpinned by the combination of international business standards, regulations and procedures valid in Kazakhstan, and local features, as well as the technology and innovations of its shareholder companies, CNPC and KMG.
It is the policy of PetroKazakhstan to:
• Stick to the principles of “Employee Oriented”, “Safety First” and “Environmental Protection as First Class Priority”;
• Integrate Health, Safety, Security and Environmental Protection into our day to day activity;
• Conduct our business and operations in an economically, socially, and environmentally responsible way and commit to sustainable development.
PetroKazakhstan is committed to the following principles in all our activities:
• Complying with applicable government and regional laws and regulations, PetroKazakhstan policies and standards.
• Complying with generally accepted practices in the petroleum industry.
• Preventing pollution and controlling the environmental impacts of all our activities.
• Identifying, eliminating or controlling potential risks to the health and safety of our employees, contractors and the public.
• Continually improving our health, safety and environmental performance.
This Policy applies to all PetroKazakhstan work activities. Each of our employees and our contractors has responsibility to work in accordance with these commitments.